First Attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LL Woodworks

LL Woodworks

This is my 1st attempt at scalloped. Thanks to everyone for the knowledge base here and special thanks to Wiset1 for the tips.

Attachments

• tn_Scalloped_1.jpg
    tn_Scalloped_1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

You've got some quality segmenting/scalloping there! Not sure I deserve credit for this I'm sure I've caused plenty of headaches from posting that info. If I could make a suggestion...use materials that have a higher contrast to truly accent your efforts. This is a great pen!

islandturner

This is my 1st attempt at scalloped. Thanks to everyone for the knowledge base here and special thanks to Wiset1 for the tips.

Hey Lynn,

Ain't that fun, gluing all those tiny little bits and pieces of wood and aluminum together? :wink: Did it stay together when you drilled it?

Mark Twain said, 'a person who carries a cat home by the tail is getting knowledge that is always going to be useful...'. It think the same logic applies to this scalloping proceedure...! :rolleyes:

Very nicely done -- it looks great.

Steve

LL Woodworks

Thanks Tim, I agree with your suggestion on materials. This was my 1st attempt and just used some scraps. Steve - to my surprise it did stay together. I did discover I can't use a brad point bit to drill with aluminum, it tends to grab. I quickly switched to a regular HSS bit.

Top Bottom