First attempt at ............

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

An Afghan Pine Cone with a Black Titanium/Titanium Gold Sierra.
Drilled Sierra tube hole, stabilized for 24 hours with MINWAX Wood Hardener, cut to blank size, soaked with Thin CA, knocked off the corners, turned and filled voids with Med CA, applied 6 coats of Med CA, sanded to 400 grit, buffed with fine steel wool and polished with Huts Ultra Gloss.
These Afghan Pine Cones are just barely long enough for a Sierra tube.
Hopefully the next ones will turn out a bit better.

As always comments and or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks for looking.

Les

2mwv59z.jpg

10r7pew.jpg

2z4mxqs.jpg

in7ed4.jpg

25z2ikn.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sberger

Fantastic!!! I'm going to get a pinecone today. They kind of look like feathers in the barrel. Nicest pen in a long time. Super finish!

PaulDoug

Cool pen for sure. "stabilized for 24 hours with MINWAX Wood Hardener" can you explain this a little? Did you pour it over the cone, dip the come in it? I keep picking up pine cones. Tried one soaking it with thin CA as I turned and it turned out, well, maybe okay, but not good enough I would waste a kit on. Plus it used a LOT of CA.

Mark

I think because it is so short, you get a lot of (figure?) if cones can have figure, in a little space. It loots great. Nicely Done.

rd_ab_penman

Cool pen for sure. "stabilized for 24 hours with MINWAX Wood Hardener" can you explain this a little? Did you pour it over the cone, dip the come in it? I keep picking up pine cones. Tried one soaking it with thin CA as I turned and it turned out, well, maybe okay, but not good enough I would waste a kit on. Plus it used a LOT of CA.

Paul,

I just placed the cone in a jar a filled the jar enough to cover the cone and let soak it up the wood hardener for 24 hours.

Les

MartinPens

No Pine Cone is Safe

Well I can't believe it. I'm going to be trying this one for sure. Love the look. Lots of pine cones here. Best part is that they're free! Unlike the Minwax. Thanks for sharing!!

Martin

JohnU

That is one of the nicest pinecone pens I have ever seen! I love it Les, great job! I need to plant one of those trees in my yard!

WOW!!!! Anytime you want to send that to me....I will show it off to all my friends and be proud to say THATS MINE!!!!!! Wonderful what nature gives us !!

Top Bottom