First attempt 30-06

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jlmort1980

jlmort1980

Ok, so this was my first attempt at a 30-06 pen. I had no clue at what I was doing when I first started but I think I fumbled my way through it pretty well. I looked all over the house cuz I swore I had some 06 brass but couldnt find any so I resorted to asking my grandfather if he had any. And of course he couldnt find much either but he did end up rounding up about a half dozen or so. So, after seeing how this turned out, this first one is mine but I think I owe him the second one.

Let me know what you think or if I should have done anything differently.

Attachments

• 100_1013.jpg
    100_1013.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 364
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

30-06.

Clean lean and outstanding first one. That is an immaculate finish. Not sure the twelve gauge adds to the scene but it emphasises the pen in a way. Did you go Army (no coating) ? or apply a finish to the brass certainly immaculate right now.

Regards Peter.

jlmort1980

30-06.

Clean lean and outstanding first one. That is an immaculate finish. Not sure the twelve gauge adds to the scene but it emphasises the pen in a way. Did you go Army (no coating) ? or apply a finish to the brass certainly immaculate right now.

Regards Peter.

The brass was actually pretty rusted when I got it.. But I put the buffing wheel to work and polished it out. I actually used Brasso on it to start with and then put a coat of Kiwi neutral shoe polish on it. I dont know if that was the right thing to do or not, but it sounded good at the time....

Any suggestions on what should be on there for a finish?

PenPal

Jayme,

My only worthy thoughtwas to get clear powdercoating done by a local company have not made one since. My priority for a while now has been survival after surgery etc not to complain but explain priorities change.

Going army defined as regular polishing or leave it tarnish is popular, powder coating using a home kit clear and or colours done by many members.

Have fun Peter.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Too Shiney

I prefer cartridge brass to look like the shells after I carried them in my pocket for a couple of years but you certainly hit the fit and proportions right on the money.

Top Bottom