First Atrax postable... ever?!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ok... Thanks to questions raised by Andy (penman1), I tried a postable Atrax by stealing a part from a Triton (The Triton will be closed end when I use that kit). The wood is juiced spalted pecan from Curtis.
IMG_1131.jpg

It works - posts just fine. Just one word of advise - if you do this with a rollerball kit (like I did) , know that the postable end adds approximately .3" to the length internally over the non postable end that comes with the Triton. That means either you will have to shorten the tube, or put something in the portable end, or use a different spring.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Wonderful job, Dean!

If you choose NOT to make your next Triton a closed end, send me a PM. I MAY just have a few hundred...err..., a few butt end connectors left over for your Trition.

THANK YOU FOR THE CONFIRMATION!!!!

JUST BEING A "GREEDY GUY", did you happen to notice MUCH difference in size between the "non postable" end of the Atrax and the "new postable"?

More directly, At a show, is it close enough in size to "knock out" the unpostable and replace with postable?

I know, I know....(In the immortal words of Brooks803) " Give a lazy man a job to do and he'll fine the easiest way" :)
THANKS AGAIN!

AND FOR THE RECORD.....HF sells 1,000 assorted springs for $3.99 BEFORE the 20% discount:)

Last edited:

PenMan1

Now that I know this works, by buying 2 or 3 component sets by the same MFG (Berea), we can have all kinds of possibilities.

Dean:
By the way, the .3" difference might be offset by using a Gent II nib instead of the Berea nib? That IS about the difference between the bottom tube of the Triton and and Gent II?

Edit: Oops, NO! need to go the other way!

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Andy - the stock end and the triton end are within a .001" according to my calipers - so yes, I would think you could swap them as long as the "shape" fits in your mind. To me the postable looks better with a bit of curve in the body leading into it and the non-postable looks better straighter.

And Ed.. I guess its better than "Space.... the area between the ears!"

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Andy - the stock end and the triton end are within a .001" according to my calipers - so yes, I would think you could swap them as long as the "shape" fits in your mind. To me the postable looks better with a bit of curve in the body leading into it and the non-postable looks better straighter.

And Ed.. I guess its better than "Space.... the area between the ears!"

I BELIEVE that was a slam:eek::eek::eek:

Naahhhh, not Dean!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
I BELIEVE that was a slam:eek::eek::eek:

Naahhhh, not Dean!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:eek::glasses-nerdy: OMG!! Sorry Ed - I didn't MEAN that as a slam. In my head that came out as its better that you tell me I'm boldly going rather than the spacey line. I guess I was too involved with the line rhyming with frontier than how I wrote it!! Teach me to try and make a pun.

Oh well, I'm just betting a certain Trekkie got a really good laugh out of it.

PR_Princess

Trekkie? Trekk-ie????.......Trekk-IE???!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

LOL it's Trekker!:tongue::biggrin:
Sheesh, you young Star Wars guys don't know nothin'!

Oh, and great job with the pen!!!!!:cool:

Top Bottom