First Atlas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from driften

Status
Not open for further replies.

driften

Here is my first Atlas. Black Chrome with Blue Box Elder Burl from BB.
I really love the black fittings with this blank. Its nicer in person. I am still trying to improve my photo setup.

200541942854_BEBAtlas.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

driften

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Wow, that looks COOL! Nice job! You're really tempting me to try that kit; what did you think of it?

The kit is easy to make and comes out nice. It really shows off the wood since its about 3" of wood. I bought two black chrome kits to try out. I need to take photos of the other one still. But it works nice. I have also done four of the CSUSA Americana Classic that is really the same idea but with more of a retro style. I think the Atlas is a little more of a mans pen.

WoodChucker

Nice looking pen! I put off trying the Atlas pen for a long time because I wasn't sure I'd like it, but once you hold it in your hand you appreciate this pen. It has a nice feel and looks much better then the pics.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very nicely done.... now you have to do another one just like it and use the pencil mechanism directions so you has a pen/pencil set...

driften

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Very nicely done.... now you have to do another one just like it and use the pencil mechanism directions so you has a pen/pencil set...

Well I will have to do more of them in any case! I could follow your directions to fit the pencil refil to the two I have already made and be able to switch them out as needed [;)]

driften

Originally posted by TheHoneymooners
<br />Fantastic pen!!!.....I love the Atlas shows so much wood!

Another good one is the American Classis from CSUSA. Here is one in BOW I did. Not the best picture but it shows the pen.

200542022238_BOWClassic.jpg

driften

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Jeff, I am glad it is working for you... did you have any problems with the directions or the mechanisms as written...

You misunderstood me Tom. I did not try it yet but will! The directions are simple enough and it should not be any big deal. I just have not made it to the store yet for the part yet.

Nice looking pen,Bill's got good stuff, eh? I wish they sold better for me as I enjoy making them and They turn out great. They get a lot of looks and positive comments. I just don't know why they're not requested more.
Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom