First Arrow Shaft

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rangertrek

Rangertrek

This is my first attempt at an arrow shaft pen. I used a black enamel slim kit and an Easton arrow shaft. The brass tubes had to be shimmed to fit and center inside the shaft. Local bow shop has shafts for me to use and if all goes well, they will stock some pens! Currently working on one a bit larger in diameter, and will do one on a cigar frame.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 544
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mossy

Being a compulsive archer, if you have a local archery club near by I'm sure they would have a large supply of damaged arrow shafts that they would let you have free of charge for making pens with . Your pen is excellent .

cnirenberg

Great looking pen. Unfortunately for me the place I was getting arrow shaft material closed up and moved. I like the camo/leaf pattern on this one.

carpblaster

Any archery shoots around there is always broke arrows,I shot tradional with aluminum then carbon, started out with wood but had tomake them by the hundreds they got broke in deer, ground,etc, carbon are the best, all dealers that sell aluminum shafts if they got repair shop or set up in the store usually cut arrows to fit some one and trash the cutoffs,around here most hunting and fishing shops have a place to set up a bow
carpblaster

longbeard

Good looking pen John, I used to shoot compition 3D for years and ive got SEVERAL shafts of different sizes but never got around to matching them up with the pens yet.
I like that pattern with the black, looks good.

Dan26

Great looking pen! The black works well for the shaft. My son has some of those arrows. I guess he may end up missing one. Hehe.

Sataro

That is a nice looking pen John! You can also try a carbon fiber youth arrow shaft from Walmart. It can be put together without using the brass tubes. But it is really a tight fit. It will split on you if you are not careful. I like the camo pattern on that shaft you used.

JF36

Nice job, I have yet to try one of those. As cool as it is, I could never use one in that pattern, I would put it down and never be able to find it.

Woodchipper

Great idea and nice pen. Thought of that myself. Now I know that the slimline kit will fit with some modifications. I have a whole bunch of old arrows- camo and plain finish. From what I have seen, most 3-D archers use carbon arrows. A few traditional archers use an aluminum arrow with a wood grain finish. Saw this at a recent shoot. BTW, a potential market! Thanks for sharing and for the good photo.

Top Bottom