First Antler Project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ragamuffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin

This weekend I turned a shop pencil from some deer antler a coworker gave me. Somewhere along the line I banged up the threads on the inside so I had a hard time with assembly and scratched up the tip in the process. I used a CA / BLO finish and it is a little shinier than I would prefer. All in all it turned out fairly well and I'm still gonna give it as a Christmas gift.

Any comments or criticisms (on the turning OR the photography) are more than welcome.

Thanks for looking.
Rags

tn_Shop%20Pencil.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Read the other post and came here.
Wish it were big enough to see.
Careful with the blo on antler, you might wind up with one that is yellow.
{DAMHIKT)

gerryr

It looks good from I can tell from the photo. One question, why would you use BLO on antler? CA I understand and use it all the time on antler, but BLO?

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Wish it were big enough to see.

Click on the image and it will be big enough to see.
Nope If you think it's good enough to be your best work I am not going to click on a stupid thumnail to see it.
I guess I'll just take peoples word that it is a NPGJ
The concept of thumbs in this forum is assinine.

guts

hey rags,i like the looks of the shop pen and guess what i don't have a problem clicking on your (STUPID) thumbnail to see a nice piece of work that you tried hard to produce,thanks,bill.

Ragamuffin

<b>Thanks for looking, guys. I'm not sure what the big deal about the thumbnail is. If there's a better way to post pics, fill me in. I aint no jenius! [:D]

Rags</b>

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Rag-
sent you a PM.
What some may not realize is clicking on the thumbnail produces a picture that is half the size of the screen.
When clicking a second time the size is overwhelming, it is necessary to scroll to see the whole picture.
Most of what I post is 65 kbs or less though I believe the forums allow a 90 kb picture.
I have found that size to be too large also.
For those of you that the thumb feature works, I See the benifit in other forums where you might be referring to a picture in an album or another thread.
The sole purpose of this sunshine up your dress, "look what I did today"forum is for someone to view a pen.
More than one click to see it and I guess you really didn't want to show it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom