First antler pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dehn0045

Dehn0045

A friend at work gave me this bag of antlers. I wasn't sure what to expect from the drilling and turning process. I don't see many slimline antler pens, but decided give it a go with one of the smaller pieces. I don't know if I just got lucky, but everything went without a single problem. I'm happy with the pen except for a couple details -- the fit at the center is pretty poor, I think my mandrel is bent (will be switching to TBC). Also, the lower piece is slightly fatter than I would have liked, but I only noticed after I took the picture. I think my friend will be pretty happy that his bag of antlers turned into a pretty nice pen to go in his pocket. And I got enough antlers to make a handful more pens, pretty fair trade.

Attachments

• img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 207
  • img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 151

Herb G

Very nice pen. I couldn't see anything wrong with it. It's nice to have a friend with antlers. Believe me, they are nose bleed expensive on the open market.

Dehn0045

Very nice pen. I couldn't see anything wrong with it. It's nice to have a friend with antlers. Believe me, they are nose bleed expensive on the open market.

After they saw the pen I found out that a few more friends have antlers, so hopefully no nose bleeds for me! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom