First Antler/Casing Pen, Thanks TBone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JDPens

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDPens

I've had this pen for awhile, but just got around to posting it.
Both the casing (30-06) and the antler came from TBone.

He sent a set for both me and my brother. Daniel entered his in the Slimline Contest awhile back. Here's mine, I think it turned out great!
2007222155021_antlerpen.jpg

Here's a shot of how the upper and lower barrels go together:
200722215513_antlerpentenon.jpg

The casing has about 1" wood core in which the tube is glued and then the nib was pressed in as normal. I turned a tenon on the upper barrel to keep both halves of the pen in line with each other. The antler has a CA finish, the casing has no finish and I left the "used" patina on it. I have carried it around now for awhile and it has held up very well.

Thanks again, TBone! :D :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rovercat

Nice. Thanks foe showing it in two sections. My local sports store that I sell fly tying tools to wants me to make some for them. The photo gives me a better idea on how it is done.

JDPens

James,
Oh no, I'm homeschooled! [:D] I had a few minutes to browse while I was bottle-feeding my little brother.

Brian,
I'm glad that helps you out. I used digital calipers to help gauge how far I needed to take the antler down for it to fit inside the casing. The wood core in the casing is just a piece of scrap. Make sure you work fast when gluing everything in, that glue dries fast. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom