First Antler Attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from micah

Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

This is made from an Axis Deer that a buddy sent me. This one is heading down to him as a thank you.
It wasn't really that hard to turn. The hardest part was making sure that I drilled it correctly. I don't know if I'm just good, or lucky, but it came out right where I needed it to.[8D]
The smell reminded me off plaster of paris. It stunk pretty bad, but I've had some acrylics that were worse. IMO
As for the Sierra. This is my third one. I don't know if I care to much for the kit. It seems that the parts do not fit snug enough for my liking. On all three, I can remove the cap/clip with my bare hands.:(
I think my next antler pen will be a baron...maybe a closed end.;)
Any comments, suggestions, or critisms are welcome!:D

Micah

dsc014772ox.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Micah,
Try putting some CA on a q-tip, then wiping it on the inside of the barrel about 1/8" - 1/4" down from the top. That should help keep the cap from coming free while keeping the CA from seeping out of the top and getting all over the trim ring/clip.

The pen looks really pretty; nice job with the finish on that!

gerryr

Nice job. I think, but I don't remember for sure, that I use a smaller than recommended bit for Sierras because I didn't like the sloppy fit with the recommended one.

Rifleman1776

You did fine work, I like the looks. There have been reported problems with the Sierra kit. I haven't tried it yet but will eventually. I note the wink on the closed end antler Baron idea. Actually, very possible. Just use the tip end. Difficult part will be finding a piece just the right size. Hmmmm....you gave me an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom