First Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dkarcher

dkarcher

This is the first antler pen I have turned. My neighbor is an avid hunter and he provided me with a couple of antler. He is getting this one as a thank you!

Chrome Cartridge from PSI

1_antler2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Good first effort, Dennis. But no offense to you (you didn't build the kit!) but I HATE the PSI "Cartridge" kit! It bears about the same relation to a real cartridge as a cigar pen does to a real cigar. My recommendation would be to try a real cartridge pen from Eric (Sylvanite) or several others on this site. Those PSI kits look so fake, because they are...so fake! The reason I singled out Eric's is because they go together so perfectly and are so well made, the instructions are perfect, but then again, it's the only one I've tried.

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. But the antler looks good!

Dale

CaptG

You did a great job turning the antler and building the pen. Nice work, but I also am a fan of the "real cartridge and bullet".

les-smith

A great looking pen is a great looking pen. And this is a great looking pen. This antler deserved exactly what it got. Great pen. This is the first picture of this style of pen that has made me think that I need to try a few. I think it looks great. Your antler turned out great. The photo is great also. Just an all around great pen.

Sylvanite

Nice job! The antler looks great. I like the little bit of bark you left on it. That's a good photo too - better than the one in the PSI catalog!

I'm sure your friend will enjoy it, and I bet you'll get more antler too.

Regards,
Eric

Top Bottom