First Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texas Taco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Taco

I've been saying I was going to do an antler pen for a long time and finally got around to it. The elbow acted up again but it only hurt for two days this time. Pen was commissioned by a co-worker who supplied the antler from a hunt many years ago. Don't know if the age of the antler made a difference or not but I sure found out which of my tools was the sharpest. The wood upper is Catalpa. The upper and lower barrel are slimlines and the center ring is from a Father Sing kit. The finish is friction polish. It was a blast to finally turn one from antler. Since turning this one I have orders for 4 more. Now if the elbow will just quit hurting so much.

Comments good or bad welcome, that's the only way I will learn. I do know it's not the best picture but I am getting a little better with the pictures, or at least I think so.

Kerry_-_Antler_-_3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I think you did a great job with it. The shape looks good and so does the fit. It would be nice if the background was plain and the picture cropped tighter. Glad your elbow is getting a bit better.

Texas Taco

Originally posted by Dario
<br /> Did your co-worker requested the combo (wood/antler)?

I couldn't get two blanks out of the supplied antler so that was the deciding factor in using the wood. He thinks he has some more antler stored away that he will give me to make another top for this pen and then produce another pen for him.

It would be nice if the background was plain and the picture cropped tighter.
None of the plain background photos were in focus. The map background pictures were just a test that turned out to be the only ones in focus.

Gary Max

Maybe this will help.--Oh I do like the pen.
Your pic is over 75% map----less than 25% pen
Just played with the pic for a minute but it might give you a ideal.
Just trying to help.

20068292415_hispen.jpg

Texas Taco

Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />
Just played with the pic for a minute but it might give you a ideal.

20068292415_hispen.jpg

The computer hereat work won't let me do any mod's to the photo. Tried adding a photo editor but it keeps geting blocked. Thanks for the edit. What I really need to do next time is look at the pictures before I deliver the pen. Wouldn't hurt to get a photobooth and......

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />I think you did a great job with it. The shape looks good and so does the fit. It would be nice if the background was plain and the picture cropped tighter. Glad your elbow is getting a bit better.

Leave the picture alone!! [:D] Any picture of Louisiana is an addition to the site. [:D][:D][:D]

Nice work, I like both antler and Catalpa. The moths that lay their eggs on the tree leaves yield the best fishing worms you can get.

Oh, well, in PA we have mountains and snow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom