First aluminum segmented pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from djwood1

djwood1

Posted this pic in the member photo area and didn't get any response, guess that was the wrong place! Still learning how to use the site.

I should say....first successful. I have been trying and have failed at making one of these segmented pen blanks. There is a whole bunch of time, patience and GREAT attention to detail required to make one of these. This one is still not correct but you can't see the other side! Drilling was just enough off center to have the lines touch towards the tip. Still have much to learn to be satisfied, but at least I was able to get one through to completion.:redface:

Attachments

• Big-BP-BTN-WalSilver-wlj.jpg
    Big-BP-BTN-WalSilver-wlj.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 497
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USAFVET98

David,
That came out really nice.. I am impressed. What is the wood? Perfect match (kit, wood, aluminum and matte finish)..
Great job.
Now all you have to do is PM me instructions on how you did it.. ;o)

djwood1

The wood is black walnut and the lines are just some aluminum flashing I had. Brian, not sure if there is an instruction in the library for this type of segmenting. I'll look and if not, I will put one together when I get time. That's hard to do cause I can't get away (actually don't want to :)) from the wood shop!

Dave

Top Bottom