First alligator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
1_100_2083.jpg

This was my first attempt with alligator jaw bone from Snowman,
Lost most of the teeth sockets while turning, but still got a good price for it. It now resides in Belgium.
My second one turned out better. I cast it with gold PR. Sold it also. Thought I had a picture of it but I can't find it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Beautiful pen, Monty. I understand that the odor when turning is not all that great.:eek: Does it follow you home where the better half notices?:wink::beat-up: Enquiring minds and all, or am I bragging. IDK
Charles

JohnU

Beautiful work Monty! I have some gator from snowman alsobut haven't been able toge to it yet. Hope mine turns out half that good.

skywizzard

Beautiful pen Mannie. I still have one set of Snowman's gator I am waiting to turn. As for the odor, I didn't think it was nearly as bad as antler that was still slightly green, and certainly no worse than antler dried for a couple of years. Just my (nose) opinion only:biggrin:

wiset1

Another amazing pen with a great story. People have to stop and wonder about it when the see the word "Alligator" so it's probably fun explaining it to them after they ask right? Beautiful work

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Another amazing pen with a great story. People have to stop and wonder about it when the see the word "Alligator" so it's probably fun explaining it to them after they ask right? Beautiful work
Just tell them the gater was very tasty with cajun seasoning.

wizard

Mannie, That is a beautiful pen! I've never turned any kind of antler or jawbone before but your pen has me reconsidering. I bet one with a turquoise inlay would look great also!
Regards, Doc

Top Bottom