First acrylic pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fay Prozora

Fay Prozora

Just got this done a little bit ago and in spite of some of the problems I had with it,, I'm very proud of it. I'm not afraid of the acrylic but it is different than the wood. All those curls that would wrap itself around the pen reminded me of untangling threads on sewing machine bobbins. I used to make quits and this brought back some of those memories. Will try the other piece of acrylic after my grinder gets here. I have two tools and a chuck coming this next week also.. So this is going to be fun once I can keep my tolls sharpened for this kind of thing.. I love my new pen! Enjoy! Fay

Attachments

• Acrylic Pen -1 (640x480).jpg
    Acrylic Pen -1 (640x480).jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Acrylic pen-2 (640x480).jpg
    Acrylic pen-2 (640x480).jpg
    390 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Very nice looking pen fay !! One suggestion though. When you take photos of your work try to keep them on a plain colored background. That blanket is to busy with color and takes away from your pen. Your pen would pop more an a white sheet or towel. Jim S

TonyL

Way to go Fay! Our "firsts" are always something to be proud of. Thanks for sharing the photos. Lots of happy turning ahead for you!

Nick

Great job on your first Acrylic. Remember to keep your tools sharp.
I can see why your are so proud of your pen. You should be.
Your neighbor to the south,(Lakewood, WA
Don

Fay Prozora

Thank you all. I did have the pen on my computer and it did make the colors pop ,but then deleted it because you could see the dust big time on the black computer. We are in the process of getting our things packed and disposing of Mom's things as we may have to be out of this house in a month or so. Mom passed on the 11th of last month so it is going to be kind of busy around here for awhile... Fay Will try to find me a place so I can have a place to take pictures of my pens and other things I make..

solobiker

Nice looking pen Fay, you did a great job. Guess what...?? I do some quilting too. I know that we also both do scroll sawing too. Do you see a similarity between the 3? I sure do.

Fay Prozora

Yes I can Susan, At home I have 2 embroidery machines and 2 regular sewing machine and a surger I made the most beautiful lone star quilt and it volcanoed on me but I was able to fix that by putting a brick under it and giving a whack with a mallet. I wish I still had a picture of that quilt in my computer but since Centurylink had change their site. it wiped out all the folders I had important information in and we need some of that information now because we might have to be out of this house in a month or so. Grrr...So I won't buy any more tools until I know for sure. I want to get a drilling jig as I think it would work better than the one I made but I have another pen started and I could not true it up good . It is going to turn out great in spite of that. It's a purple heart one.... Fay

Fay Prozora

Thank you Mike. I'm sure we will get though all this and it is a mess right now. Hopefully Sis and I will be able to rent the house for a year or so to have more time to get our stuff out of it... Fay

Top Bottom