First Acrylic Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Harpazo

Harpazo

Nothing fancy for sure but it's my 1st acrylic pen. I've turned a few slimline and Euro pens using various woods so this was fun to try. Unfortunately the photo is not that great.

The bottom line is that I enjoyed working with the acrylic more than I expected even though it took a lot longer to turn as I was being careful not to ruin the blank.

I was happy with the finish and I didn't introduce any noticable defects when turning. Your honest critique is appreciated.

Attachments

• Camo Pen.jpg
    Camo Pen.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TimS124

Find some closeout pricing on acrylics and try working them aggressively. You'll likely learn they don't have to be babied (most of the time).

Try a couple Alumilite blanks as well...that stuff turns very nicely!

Good job on the camo pen.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice Camo blank - Ya done well!

Send me your address PM and I'll send you a couple of Sierra Alumilite/steampunk blanks to play with!

plantman

Honest critique: Great job on turning !! Acrylics very from blank to blank and may even have soft spots or air bubbles hidden inside you may have to deal with, but they are fun to turn. As Tim said above, "find some closeouts on blanks" and practice technique on those. As for your photo. Use a plain white background when taking photos of a dark colore object. Makes for a sharper more detailed photo. My personal choice for the Black Enameled pen would have been the Winter Camo, but than again, I live in Wisconsin. Jim S

Harpazo

Honest critique: Great job on turning !! Acrylics very from blank to blank and may even have soft spots or air bubbles hidden inside you may have to deal with, but they are fun to turn. As Tim said above, "find some closeouts on blanks" and practice technique on those. As for your photo. Use a plain white background when taking photos of a dark colore object. Makes for a sharper more detailed photo. My personal choice for the Black Enameled pen would have been the Winter Camo, but than again, I live in Wisconsin. Jim S

That was the better photo of 3. I just couldn't get the lighting right. That's why the material looked like Black Enamel when it actually was Gun Metal. Probably still not the best choice, like you said. Thanks for the critique.

jfr

can you make a pen,this would be a refillable roller ball pen,from a drawing,cad i can send it to your email address?

Top Bottom