First Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Big

Big

I turned my first acrylic and it was interesting. Definitely different than turning wood but not too bad. I love all of this stuff.

Attachments

• SS1 A.jpg
    SS1 A.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 293
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scjohnson243

Big those both look great, you have a really good eye for this!

I had that same blank (the purple/black one) and did not put enough glue on the tip of one side and it blew out as I was finishing up with it.. was a shame, I love the look of that blank.

Keep it up! Great looking pens.

BSea

That's a very nice pen. good work :good:

But understand that not all resin blanks are alike. Even within the same family of blanks, they turn different. So just like wood, the experience can be very different between materials.

Having said that, there is nothing like seeing a long ribbon streaming off your blank. That's something you can't get with wood.

Jim Burr

Banned
I'd really like you to move on from the "Fat Lady" pen look. Try making a slim-line for what it is, then ditch the center band...it's crazy easy, and make a fat slim that looks correct. I can talk you through it in 3 minutes.
Other than that...looks good!!

Sandsini

Nice Michael... You're building experience and expertise with every pen. Keep up the good work!

Personally, I like making pens out of acrylics best, but sometimes I just yearn to turn wood. Its like reading a classic novel after going on a Sci-Fi binge. Something settling about it. That said, I probably do 10 to 1 acrylics. I love them in all their myriad forms.

Cheers,

mtassie

Big those both look great, you have a really good eye for this!

I had that same blank (the purple/black one) and did not put enough glue on the tip of one side and it blew out as I was finishing up with it.. was a shame, I love the look of that blank.

Keep it up! Great looking pens.

What did you do with the broken blank? You maybe able to make a key chain or a stylus out of it. Just curious.

OZturner

Nice Pens, Michael.
Excellent Blanks.
I support Jim's comments, re the Shape and Centre Band.
Great Finish, I presume that the Fit will be fine, when you assemble them.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom