First 50 Cal. BMG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

I made two of these today and sold one to another instructor, I found that I do not like powdercoating with clear on parts the size of the cartridge on these behemoths, polishing wasn't bad and looked great until the heat started to work on it.
Thanks to Daniel for providing a very easy kit to put together and sell so easy.

50-Cal.-BMG.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Nice job, They are hard to get polished really well and I had non of the ones I did get completely clean. to many deep pits etc.
This is a picture of the only two I have done. I didn't get to keep either :(

200821624440_DSCF3059.jpg

R2

nicely done. The other day I had to clean up the brass gas flame distributer for the wok burner on our cooktop. Simply soaked it in vinegar for a couple of hours both sides. Came up better than new.

rherrell

If you plan on making alot of these dedicate some MM just for brass. Sand with 600 to romove the big scratches and then work your way through the MM. Works for me!

bitshird

Originally posted by johncrane

l would like to see it in the hand to get a better idea of its size.
They are pretty darned big, [:0] I can't imagine any one carrying one around, Look on the IAP home page at the tutorial picture, IMHO they are strictly a novelty item, the one I still have weighs 98.8 grams almost 3-1/2 ounces. Not exactly a pocket or purse size, but they are pretty cool [8D]
I'll probably do one more then hold onto the last kit untill I sell another one.[:eek:)]

Top Bottom