First 30.06 detachable key ring pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithlong

keithlong

This is my first detachable key ring pen. I made it for a friend of mine, upon his request he asked that the brass be left unfinished. I enjoyed doing this one and plan on making more. I have had the kit for a while now and when he asked me to make it, i found the kit and this is the results. Hope you like it.
pens043.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

Hey Johnny,
I got the kit from woodcraft awhile back when my wife and i went on a short vacation. The kit contained only the detachable key chain kit. I used just the detachable key ring, the neck of the 30.06 is large enough to glue in a piece of 8 mm pencil tube. I just pushed the 8 mm tube in as far as it would go and then marked it and pulled it out and cut it off then glued it in the casing. The trick to get the nib to turn and retract the refill is to cut a piece of 7mm tube 3/4 of an inch long,then press the nib onto the tube then cut the refill to 2 and 3/4 inches long, then press in the tranny and be careful and check progress with the refill as not to press in the tranny too far. Then i cut a piece of 7mm tube 1 and 1/2 inches long and glued it in the top of the 8mm tube in the casing. Then press the key ring attachment into the 7mm tube. Then all you have to do is push the nib end with the tranny pressed in and there you have it. The 8mm tube is just large enough to let the 7mm tube turn inside it. Then you can turn the nib and retract the refill. DO NOT glue in the tub with the tranny in it, if you do it will not then turn. If you have questions, just let me know.

glycerine

Hey Johnny,
I got the kit from woodcraft awhile back when my wife and i went on a short vacation. The kit contained only the detachable key chain kit. I used just the detachable key ring, the neck of the 30.06 is large enough to glue in a piece of 8 mm pencil tube. I just pushed the 8 mm tube in as far as it would go and then marked it and pulled it out and cut it off then glued it in the casing. The trick to get the nib to turn and retract the refill is to cut a piece of 7mm tube 3/4 of an inch long,then press the nib onto the tube then cut the refill to 2 and 3/4 inches long, then press in the tranny and be careful and check progress with the refill as not to press in the tranny too far. Then i cut a piece of 7mm tube 1 and 1/2 inches long and glued it in the top of the 8mm tube in the casing. Then press the key ring attachment into the 7mm tube. Then all you have to do is push the nib end with the tranny pressed in and there you have it. The 8mm tube is just large enough to let the 7mm tube turn inside it. Then you can turn the nib and retract the refill. DO NOT glue in the tub with the tranny in it, if you do it will not then turn. If you have questions, just let me know.

Uh, you lost me at "Hey Johnny"...
Just kidding, great work. I noticed that PSI has a 50 cal kit that just uses the casing and you can turn a tip for it, but they seem to be constantly out of stock. I like what you did by adding the keyring.

Top Bottom