A First - 270 Winchester Parker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

Nothing extraordinary just new to me.

Not my first bullet pen, I have made several 3006s, 308s, 8mm, 7mmMag, and one or two Weatherby 300mags but this is a first for the 270 Winchester cartridge, although it does assembly very similar to the 308 except for the slug size. I Had to bushing up a 7mm tube to 8mm inside the case but otherwise similar to the 308. This was a cartridge supplied by a customer.

The cartridge is dressed in deer antler with gun-metal finished cigar hardware with black spacers. The bullet is a 155 grain match grade FMJ with boat tail. The pen uses a Parker style refill in medium point black.

I would not make one for myself. Aesthetically I think it is too short and "plump":rolleyes: to really look great but it looks OK. I think from an aesthetic point of view the 3006 makes the best looking bullet case pen.

The customer only got the pen not the stand.
IMG_3072_1_3_Detail.jpg IMG_3075_4_6_Detail.jpg

I gave the customer a choice of two antler upper barrels, one with and w/o some bark showing. The one with the bark was quite a bit plumper then the one without. He preferred the thinner one w/o the bark.
IMG_3078_7_9_Detail.jpg

As delivered.
IMG_3081.jpg

Appreciate all Cs&Cs
Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

Very nice looking pen!
Thanks Billy, for a 270 Winchester it does look pretty good.:cool:

Great Pen, JD.
Excellent Profile, Superb Fit and Fantastic Finish.
Obviously a Delighted Customer.
Congratulations,
Brian.
Thanks for the comments Brian. The customer was very pleased so it doesn't matter if it particularly impressed me or not.:biggrin:

Lovely pen !!!!!!
Thanks Mal, appreciate the comment.

Top Bottom