First 20 Pens going to our troops - 2005

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Travlr7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travlr7

I have just finished 20 pens that will end up in the hands of our troops overseas. This batch was a joint effort with Jim Stastny cutting and donating the beautiful Walnut and Cherry blanks, Kevin Brown donating the Slimline pen kits, and I had the honor of turning them. This is a very worthwhile endevor.:D

2005313195931_2005%20first%2020%20FPP%20Pens.jpg

I am going to re-state my challange to All pen turners on this site. If we each just turned 10 slimline pens (kits @ 1.45 ea from arizona and about 4.00 shipping) we could add over 30,000 pens to the effort.

How about it? anyone interested?

Bruce;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I'll certainly take your challenge, as I'm hoping to turn 10 pens per quarter for the Freedom Pen Project. Beautiful job on your contribution!

elody21

I have already sent about 40 but I can send another 10! What ever happened to the problem with shipping them overseas?

JimGo

I've got the kits already, and the wood is on its way. As soon as I get situated in my new house, it'll be turnin' time for me! So, who else is up to the challenge?

Very nicely done!

Travlr7

Thanks to all who are already participating and those who want to join us. The "shipping" problem has been taken care of.

For additional information on the program, Look at WWW.freedonpens.org or go to the freedom pem catagory at WWW.sawmillcreek.com. If you want to see how the troops are accepting these tokens of our appreciation, there a posts of letters from Iraq there, too.

Bruce

jdavis

We are sending 30 off today. We have Blanks processed and kits ready for 50 more for our troops. My students are really excited to be apart of this outstanding project. They come into the shop wanting if they can turn a pen. We accept all challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom