First in 2 years

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from UKpenmaker

UKpenmaker

These are the first 3 pens which i have turned since all my gear went into storage 2 years ago.

Two polymer clay pens (My first with PC).
IMG_0455.jpg

A close up of the blank, it is hard to show but it has got quite a lot of depth to it.
IMG_0459.JPG

A woodworkers Pencil
IMG_0458.JPG

Finally a Christmas gift to the LOML, one of Ken's laser cut Teddy Bears.
IMG_0461.jpgIMG_0462.jpg

Can't wait to get my new mini lathe in 2-3 weeks then i can get back to it again.:biggrin:
These were turned at a friend's, whilst visiting for Xmas.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice to see you haven't lost your touch Andy. I didn't know it was possible to get 'depth' with PC, but it sure looks damned nice. :biggrin:
I have some PC coming and can't wait to try it out.
How much longer till you finally get into your new house? Seems like it has taken forever:eek:

toolcrazy

Wow, 2 years? I think I would go nuts waiting that long to work in the shop.

Nice batch of pens. Can't show teddy to my wife, she will want one.

UKpenmaker

Thanks for the comments, i was surprised that i even remembered how to turn a pen.:rolleyes:

Those are really nice. Love the first one as a fav of this lot. Congrats on busting the stuff out of storage!

Hi Karin, i wish i had got my gear out of storage, still in there yet:mad-tongue:.
We were going to get a load of gear out over Xmas but they couldn't use their fork-lifts, because of all the snow, we don't cope well with the white stuff over here.

Nice to see you haven't lost your touch Andy. I didn't know it was possible to get 'depth' with PC, but it sure looks damned nice. :biggrin:
I have some PC coming and can't wait to try it out.
How much longer till you finally get into your new house? Seems like it has taken forever:eek:

However long it takes to build it Skippy.:giggle:

Hey Andrew!!!

Good to see you back!!

Like the teddy, is that zebrawood?? or olive??

Hi Ed, it is Olive-wood for the main barrel

UKpenmaker

Welcome back Andy and you obviously haven't lost your touch.
Are there any inherent problems with PC and any do's and dont's when turning it. Is it very brittle?
Ian

Hi Ian,
Not that i have done much with the PC, but didn't really come across any problems.
The only minor thing i came across is, if you wrap the PC round the tube and then bake. You may find that after you have milled/sanded the ends to the tube, the clay doesn't always adhere to the tube and may need glueing.
It turns and finishes very well, i just used a round-nosed scraper, i even got a few nice ribbons coming of it.

Andy

Top Bottom