First 2....I'm Hooked

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kevin Glover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Glover

20055206245_First2.jpg

These are the first 2 I've done. The one on the right is Cocoblo with Hut PPP satin then high gloss. The one on the left, I'm not sure what the wood is, but i used 0000 steel wool and sanding sealer before the Hut. Noticeable difference. Alot of fun:D But still so much to learn. All comments welcome. Thanks....Kevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Nice looking pens! Don't be too quick to judge finishes on dissimilar woods though. Different woods take finishes radically different. Try the two techniques on the same type of wood to see whether its the wood or the technique.

Everyone has their favorite finish and technique for applying it but it doesn't hurt to have as large an arsenal as possible when it comes to finishing wood!!

hobby_dale

Hey Kevin, very nice looking pens. Interesting shape for the one on the left. I haven't tried any "shapes" yet, other than straight. Glad you ventured into other areas. And yes, welcome to the addiction...[;)]

JimGo

Congratulations, Kevin! Welcome to the addiction. Now, can I interest you in some fine wood? I'm kidding...though watch out for some of our members; we refer to them as the "pushers". You'll order something from them, and they'll be "nice" enough to send you a sample of some other wood, too. Then you'll turn that other wood, and pretty soon you're placing an order for that wood too. And, of course, they're "nice" enough to include a third kind of wood in THAT order... [:D] Pretty soon, even though you've only been turning pens since just before Chirstmas, you've got an entire shed full of wood! But, it does keep me busy, and out of my wife's hair for a few hours at a stretch! [:D]

Again, welcome, and nice job!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice pens! One on left is too red for Zebrawood, might be Goncalo Alves. Whatever, it is different and someone will think it is "Just for them".

Kevin Glover

Thanks for all the great comments. I've learned so much just from reading the posts in these forums its like having a personal pen turning library.[:)] Thanks again and there will be more to come....Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom