First 2 Herringbone 360

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mick

mick

Here's my first two Herringbone 360's.
The first is a pattern I don't think I've seen that started out as a mistake. It's made from Makore, Coffee Tree and Zircote. The second one I did the patern like I intended to. It's done in Padauk, Blackwood and Maple. these were actually fun to do once I finally wrapped my mind around the right way to get started. While no where near perfect I like my first results. Any and all comments are welcome.

BTW I want to thank Darrin1200 for his great tutorial...I had seen different tutorials and for some reason I just couldn't wrap my mind around the basic design. Saw his tutorial last week and something clicked. Thanks Darrin!

Attachments

• Herringbone2.jpg
    Herringbone2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 258
  • Herringbone1.jpg
    Herringbone1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Great job, as always, Mike.

We gonna see you at Woodcraft Sept 4th? It's been a while.
Steve, At this point I doubt it. That weekend is a busy one as we've got a show Sunday. Also since moving to Decatur that changes my 175 mile trip to a 250 some odd miles.Not fun!
I've missed the last couple of meeting....wish I coulda been there.

mick

Beautiful pens.

I am glad the tutorial helped.

Darrin, I spent last night making a couple more starter blocks. I figure each time I bulid one I can just add two or three extra courses of some scrap wood and I can just cut it off before I trim up the blank.

From my limited experience with these two it seems like the starter block is the tedious part....once you have one glued up and as long as your pieces are square then all you need do is keep the pieces you're adding tight and everything will work out just right.

Top Bottom