First "Bullet" Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jwoodwright

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoodwright

Had a unusual day at work, Snowed all day, still snowing. So, on the way home spied a Gun Shop, stopped and enquired about brass, bought some, came home and removed 12" Snow off Driveway... [xx(]

Then I designed and made this pen. [:I]

20052924018_First%20Bullet%20Pen%20004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

Good looking pen John, don't show this one to snowman he may think you goin to shoot him [:D]. Something I have to investigated if I can have some shell but probebly no chance after Port Arthur massacre

http://home.overflow.net.au/~nedwood/portarthur.html

Most of all guns as been recall by the Australian Goverment and I would have to go the police station to know legaly where I stand with possesion of shell.

Serge

dougle40

Good stuff John . I never thought of going to a gun shop for some brass . In Canada you have to have a "Firearms Requisition Certificate" (that is government issued) to purchase anything related to a firearm , including shells , and I don't have one .

Gary

Originally posted by dougle40
<br />...In Canada you have to have a "Firearms Requisition Certificate" (that is government issued) to purchase anything related to a firearm , including shells , and I don't have one .

Boy! That sounds like just what we need in this country.[xx(]

PenWorks

John, that is more than a days work. [:p] I give you allot of credit after putting in a day like that and come up with the design and the pen, great job. Sharp pen too. [:)]

I don't want this to sound like a political announcement, BUT....

Just another good reason AGAINST gun control. Poor Surge and Doug, can't even defend themselves [:(]

Then the next thing they will be coming after is our PENS [:(!]

A free society is an armed society. (political announcement over)

Anthony

jwoodwright

Thank you all, the idea had been bouncing back and forth. Today, was like a light bulb came on...[:D] Pure Inspiration![8D]

Oh! Kinda Snow we get means: Snow Blower, track drive, still had to use the shovel a lot...

Anthony,
An Armed Society is a Polite Society...

Bought some .270 Brass for $0.25 each. Price felt correct.

A little power sanding and reaming and drilling. Then everything lined up. Popping the spent primer, required making a tool... Then piece of cake.

Caution... Make sure it's a Spent Primer...

PenWorks

Mr. Kaner, I totally agree, Sir. [:D] You have a nice day tomarrow and I hope it don't snow. [:D] I have a 1 PM tee time.

See how polite people can be, when there are firearms lying around on the web site. [:)]

I have my version of the bullet pen drying on the finishing table, should be done by Friday. [:p]

Anthony

G

Looking Good John!
They're fun to do huh?
What are you going to come up wuth next?

Deere41h

John that is a neat looking pen. I have seen several Ammo pens but have yet to figure how they are made. Do you add a tube inside the shell casing? Could you share your procedure with us?

its_virgil

Deere41h and any other N. Central Texas penturners,
Come to the Woodcraft store in Ft. Worth on Saturday, March 26 and learn how to make the cartridge or bullet pens. I will show how to make 2 or 3 of them and others will teach how to make some of their creations. There is no charge and we will be there all day on Saturday. Plan to attend...come ready to learn.. and share any technique or pen or finish or anything else you do penturning wise. More info later. I will make a formal announcement some time next week and continue to remind you of this as the time gets closer to March 26.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Deere41h
<br />John that is a neat looking pen. I have seen several Ammo pens but have yet to figure how they are made. Do you add a tube inside the shell casing? Could you share your procedure with us?

jwoodwright

Thanks for all the nice comments. [:I]

Was just trying out an idea... Stopped back to get some .06 brass. The fellow watching the store loved the pen...

John,
Sure... [8D] We're all here to learn... I used a tube as I had to take off some of the casing for the nib to match. At the other end, the tranny must be inserted into a tube. Press the Nib on the tube. Remove Spent Primer and drill end for tube. CA tube and Nib... Press tranny... Polish Brass... Turn a Normal To and Finish... [8D]

Going to order some long tubes from Ryan (Woodturningz)...

Have fun, be creative...[:)]

G

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />Thanks for all the nice comments. [:I]

Was just trying out an idea... Stopped back to get some .06 brass. The fellow watching the store loved the pen...

John,
Sure... [8D] We're all here to learn... I used a tube as I had to take off some of the casing for the nib to match. At the other end, the tranny must be inserted into a tube. Press the Nib on the tube. Remove Spent Primer and drill end for tube. CA tube and Nib... Press tranny... Polish Brass... Turn a Normal To and Finish... [8D]

So As I read this,yours are "hollow"?

Deere41h

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />Thanks for all the nice comments. [:I]

John,

Thanks for sharing your method with us. Nice to learn something new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom