Firey Flows

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joe S.

Joe S.

Awesome blank from Exotics on a black TI Barron fountain pen. It's my first time making the custom finial, this is going to be a standard procedure for these types of pens from now on! :biggrin:

Some of you already saw this in my picture thread from before.

Be harsh in the comments, it helps me learn!
Fire Capped.jpg

Fire Posed.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

Different background. The pen gets lost on the black.
Looks nice from what I can see in the picture.:wink:

Joe S.

I should go to a fabric store (gulp) so I can have more than 4 colored backgrounds. Here it is on my white background. It looks a little bit like chrome now...
fire on white.jpg

Last edited:

SteveG

The pen looks to be well done, and the matching finial really sets off the great blank material.

When your white background appears as a color (in this case grey/silver), it indicates your white balance (or think of it as "color balance") is off. That explains why the hardware is not the true color and the colors in the blank are off also.

Steve

D.Oliver

Thumbs up on the custom finial. Since it looks like you got that finial mastered you might as well go ahead and start making the matching custom center band.:biggrin:

Joe S.

Thank you everyone for your replies!

Thumbs up on the custom finial. Since it looks like you got that finial mastered you might as well go ahead and start making the matching custom center band.:biggrin:

That's the next step, I think I figured out how to do it... Maybe. :biggrin:

08K.80

Joe,

I hope you don't mind. I tried to adjust the color. I hope I did it justice and the pen looks good.

AA11-1_zps6200bc73.jpg

Top Bottom