FIRE & ICE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

I usually turn my pens by selecting a nice figured wood and try to match with appropriate hardware kits. This required a little more thought in that the FLAME BOX ELDER required some help due to the fact that it contained too many worn holes and required some stabilization. The way I managed to save an otherwise worthless blank was to dip it into my ready made blue tank solution that I've previously joked about in my DEEP PENETRATION posting. Well the flame(fire) within the box elder unified beautifully with the blue(ice solution) and combined with the following work. You might say that the frosty blue ice has tamed the wild(fire) passion burning in the wood. Methinks that I have a very good union in the 'mix'.What say's thou?
-Peter-
200651912756_FBE2.jpg

200651912811_FBE3.jpg

200651912829_FBE4.jpg

200651912728_FBE1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Hi Billy,
my 'ready mix' consists of a blue analyne dye solution immersed in acetone. I have plenty left over from the 'blue' pens that I shared with the group in my DEEP PENETRATION posting. The box elder blank was 'blue stabilized' with my vacuum pump set up.

Regards,
-Peter-[:)]

wood-of-1kind

Pete,

you know the old saying "I'll gladly adopt any wood blank puppy in my little shop pound". OK, I'm exaggerating, it's NOT an established saying just YET but one day it just might be true.[;)]
It really 'turned' out to be a very good puppy. Worth keeping.

-Peter-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom