Finished Retirement Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Today I received the pen back from Stan Cook who did the lovely engraving. The pen is a retirement gift for our school superintendent who is retiring after 47 years with Loudoun County Public Schools in Virginia. My wife will present it to him tomorrow at her school's graduation. The Bubinga box is from BG Artforms and I actually purchased the blank and kit from Barry Gross not long after I started turning pens. The farm photo behind the write up is our family farm which now sits the school board office.

Here's the link to the original thread. http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/retirement-pen-123291/

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Hatrick pen and case.JPG
    Hatrick pen and case.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 337
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Charlie, This personalized presentation gift you have made, is a great example of completing a gift. The pen is stunning and engraving personalize's it forever. The beautiful box, picture and words really captures the warmth you must have wanted to convey. Well done.

Charlie_W

Thanks, my wonderful wifey helped out with the wording and printing. The pic is on white paper mounted behind the text which is on printed on vellum.

Our daughter took the pic about 4 years ago. There is a very nice restaurant which is also located on the family farm property. They restored the barns, have walking paths up to the barns, grow some of their own vegetables and herbs there as well as having special dinners in the barn.

My wife has probably already presented the pen as she is at Graduation as we speak. I will get a full report later this afternoon.

clieb91

Charlie, That pen turned out looking awesome. Glad he liked it, the write up that you put with it is a very nice touch.

CtL

Top Bottom