Finished One Hundred

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Rifle Cartridge Bullet Pen order.

Customer wanted 20 each of Brass Winchester 25-06, 30-06, .270, .280,
10 -.303 British and 10 - 7mm Remington Magnum's.
I used Deer, Elk, Moose and Acrylic Forest and Bush Camo for the caps with
variety of RT and FT Rifle and Deer Head Clips.

Brass Casings and Copper Bullets are polished and coated with 4 coats of Lacquer using the Dipping Method.
Antler and Acrylic is sanded to 400x, buffed with super fine steel wool and polished with Hut Ultra Gloss.

After turning and finishing all the antler I had on hand I ended up with 48 extra caps.

Les

2jbpmbb.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kludge77

A amazing! I'm seriously impressed by the quantity, but even more by the immaculate nature of your workspace!

Where are all the glue spots, finish marks and sawdust? :)

Seriously nice work!

IPD_Mrs

That is a ton of antler to turn. I bet it will take weeks to get the smell of antler out of your system. Very nice looking display. Congrats on the big order.

arw01

Loaded for bear!

That is a great looking set of pens, and I cannot imagine the amount of work there. Do use carbide tools for most of it?

That is a ton of antler to turn. I bet it will take weeks to get the smell of antler out of your system. Very nice looking display. Congrats on the big order.

As for the smell, I can send my son over to ignite something in the shop microwave and I can assure you the antler smell will no longer be an issue!

rd_ab_penman

That is a great looking set of pens, and I cannot imagine the amount of work there. Do use carbide tools for most of it?

As for the smell, I can send my son over to ignite something in the shop microwave and I can assure you the antler smell will no longer be an issue!

I turn all my Antler using my 1/2" HSS Spindle Gouge.

Les

Top Bottom