Finaly decent CA finsih

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from george

george

Hello !

I finaly got decent CA finish on my pens. It took quite some time, but I think it was worth it. Many thanks to all on this great web site for help and tutorials. But when I thought I "knew it all", the photography challenge came on place. I've tried different positions, background etc. and finaly gave up, and made some simple white-background photos. Must work on this (a lot I guess).
I sincerly ask for your comments (also negative) on this Americana (mahogany) and JR Gentlemen (walnut) pens,please. Thank you, George

tn_536.jpg

tn_543.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tmhawk

Both pens are beautiful and beautifully done. Way to go. I shot a) white background, b) off-white/ivory background c) Gray background, the gray has turned out best every time. There are some GREAT tutorials here about pen photography.
The wood on those pens is awesome.

avbill

Tip ONE for your pen photography

Keep the subject parallel to the film plane of the camera. George your top of the pen is equal distance to the film plane. Great! yet the pen itself the nib and the back of the pen is not. Then photographing close-up work your depth of field is very short. as little as two maybe three inches. Keep the writing pen itself parallel to the film plane of the camera. Right now you have about a acute 40 degree angle to the film plane. your depth of field can not cover it. unless your are shooting at F 64.

BTW your CA finish is great! :)

Bill Daniels

ahoiberg

george, those are some nice looking pens! i'd love to see a pic of the jr. gent closed, that's an intriguing shape. once you get that CA finish, it's a lot of fun to do. keep up the good work. :)

Top Bottom