Finally Turned an Acrylic!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DKF

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKF

I have always wanted to turn an acrylic, and finally got around to it as all of my pens and custom orders up to now have been wood. I like simple, so I decided to go with a black AA and a Sterling Silver Baron. Comments and Critiques are welcome.

20079113503_IMG_1281.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brewmeister35

Looks great. I've got to tell you, I was only doing wood pens and finally made a red flecked celluloid one and the people at work went nuts! I have over a dozen orders to get done this weekend of all different acrylics [:D]. Might be worthwhile having something colorful to show off. It makes people think of someone else that it would make that perfect gift for.

redfishsc

One redneck ditto here (with a duct tape bandage on the thumb...don't ask...)

I have to admit that acrylics/resins are becoming my main staple. I mostly only make wooden pens now if someone requests them or if I am making them as "spec pens" to show off what I can do.

DKF

Thanks for the kind comments.......... Brewmeister35, I am going to be adding several colors and different "non" wood materials. Will have to try the celluloid, truestone, etc....I am open to all suggestions. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom