Finally took the plunge!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Snowbeast

Snowbeast

Finally took the plunge and took some pics of some of my stuff. Pretty plain-jane but I have plans to get more creative.

The two acrylics were from some blanks I cast just to see if I could do it. I started lurking here some time back and got to reading about casting your own blanks so I gave it a shot. These are both just fiberglass resin with some PearlX powder mixed in. Didn't turn out TOO bad.

The Civil War pen is mesquite with a tung oil finish. The Majestic is rhodium/black TN with a tung oil finish. These were both turned before I had heard about a CA finish.

Got quite a ways to go to fit in with most of the folks here but I'm plugging away.

Critique away.

Attachments

• IMG_4095 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4095 - Copy.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_4097 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4097 - Copy.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_4102 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4102 - Copy.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4103 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4103 - Copy.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4105 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4105 - Copy.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 234
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Good work on the pens you made, you are on the right track and learning fast, remember that everyone was a newbie to penturning at one time!

el_d

Nice work. Ilike the Mesquite with the tung oil. It really deepens the chocolaty color of the wood.

Have you ever used BLO on mesquite Is there a difference in the BLO and TUNG?

Snowbeast

El D,

I haven't used just BLO on mesquite but I can give it a try and see what happens. I did a Civil War with a CA finish but it got away before any pics. That one really showed off the color of the mesquite. It looked more like the piece that these were leaning against.

Top Bottom