Finally some to show!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from doeringr

Status
Not open for further replies.

doeringr

Hey all. Haven't posted a lot and definitely have not shown as many pens as all of you. Long story short, after about 6 months of "learning" I finally think I've got the hang of it. LOML sold one of my pens at the farmer's market here in town and now I've got to get serious. Time to upgrade to some more intricate and "classy" kits along with the blanks to boot. So, I've had to get serious about increasing the cash flow through some minor sales so I can upgrade some equipment/kits.

Before you check out the pics...

Thanks to all of you who share on this site. Everything I've learned has been from this site. I check it every day for insight and ideas.

Thanks for teaching me the CA finish. After a lot of trial and error, I think I've got the hang of it. Micro Mesh helps!

My camera stinks! Not quite ready to upgrade to some of the setups that I see on the site so my pics aren't the best.

Finally, thanks again to all of you for giving me a good kick in the pants every day with new and challenging ideas and techniques. This place is a treasure of info for the beginner as well as the expert. You all have helped me to enjoy hours of pleasure and for that I'm very grateful.

OK---love letter over...

I made a simple stand for some slimlines and business cards for a display. First pic is some of my pens and the display and the second pic is a close up of the pen and descriptions of each. Enjoy! I'd love feed back. Thanks!

Rich

20077404038_pens%20yes.jpg

20077404214_pens%20again.jpg

Left to Right--
Brazilian Ironwood and Red Acrylester Segments (finally got the CA!)
Holly and African Blackwood accents with custom centerband
Birdseye Maple and Black Sharpie (experiment! :D)
Osage Orange
Bloodwood and burnt Maple
Semi-Spalted Curly Maple
Birdseye Maple
Purpleheart
Walnut and Mahogany

All kits are slimline (not for long though!)

Keyrings left to right are ....

-Bloodwood, Cocobolo and Holly scrap
-Santa Fe Acrylester
-Crotch Walnut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doeringr

Thanks! The OO was turning really well and was really stable so I got a bit artistic with it. Not a big fan o beading myself--but the OO is awesome in the right light and the beads give it some character. Thanks for the comment!

Rich

Scott

Hi Rich!

That's a nice mess of pens! You are showing a wide variety of designs for slimlines there - different shapes, some with beads, others without. There are some nice glue-ups, and the finish is nice and consistent. Overall I'd say you did a bang-up job!

Try some variations without centerbands, and making your own centerbands. Realize also that you can adjust barrel length failrly easy. There are lots of things you can do with a slimline! It is about the most versatile kit around.

Remember to have fun!

Scott.

doeringr

Thanks for the comments---unfortunately, I've been hasty about taking pics of my work and usually the pen makes it out the door in someone's pocket (gifts) before I think twice about taking a pic for my sake. Hope to one day set up a tent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom