Finally - A pen for me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from soligen

soligen

I finally finished MY pen today. If it looks kinda familiar, I showed off part of this blank previously on a Zen as a gift for my dad.

No other pen I made has been specced to my hand, and I thought this would be a bit of a showcase, and it matches my dad's pen.

Jr Gent Ballpoint in Rhodium. All Comments welcome.

1_IMG_0183a.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Wow,that looks really nice! I'll bet that was a lot of work.

Can you tell us how you created the gold zig-zag design?

thanks,
Steve

gr8danish

thanks,
Steve

Follow the herringbone 360 guide, but glue veneers on the side of the squares before glueing it up... If you look at my post of my first 360 that I made, I did something similar, but glued veneer to the top of the squares before glueing instead of the sides.

The pen looks GREAT! I may have to do one up useing a combination of out 2 different techniques. One veneer glued to the top, and a different color glued to the side.

soligen

thanks,
Steve

Follow the herringbone 360 guide, but glue veneers on the side of the squares before glueing it up... If you look at my post of my first 360 that I made, I did something similar, but glued veneer to the top of the squares before glueing instead of the sides.

The pen looks GREAT! I may have to do one up useing a combination of out 2 different techniques. One veneer glued to the top, and a different color glued to the side.

Glue the veneer to the sides of the blank before slicing into square tiles - much easier than what you had to do glueing to the tops. The next one I have in mind will need to do both.

Top Bottom