Finally my personal Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

I've been experimenting with one wood after another to find what I felt was exactly right for my personal Emperor pen.
It showed up yesterday in the form of a Black Dyed Box Elder Burl.

MyEmperror2.jpg

MyEmperror.jpg

Now corporate meetings in Chicago will be fun!
As always comments, questions, or concerns are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Ron,
That's a beautiful pen! But, I have to say, I'm disappointed. I thought for sure it would be one of your amazing laminated blanks, rather than a "plain" piece of wood (not much plain about that piece, but you know what I mean). Please don't take this the wrong way; as I said, it is a very well made, and striking pen! (I'm sure I'll get flamed by others anyway, but...)

Ron Mc

Jim,
I understand completely. My second personal Emperor will be the Emperor that you speak of. [;)]
At the moment it is bouncing back and forth in my mind as I work out design issues and put it to paper.
The above lowly pen [:D] will work as a nice marketing tool at corporate meetings as well as at stores when I pull it out and let the gold flash in the light.
Your comment was not taken wrong at all. If anything I personally see it as a compliment so there shouldn't be much flame throwing over it. LOL

JHFerrell

I simply can't understand why you wouldn't want to part with a gorgeous piece of work like that!!! Who am I kidding....if I had made that one I wouldn't want to give it up either! Very nice.

Texas Taco

Don't think I would keep it.............you need to mail it to Texas A.S.A.P. before it ruins your other pens. [:D]

Nice pen, unlike I said above, I'd keep it too.

Ron Mc

196 Texas miles means your right around the corner! Let's see.....Centerville area?

Texas Taco

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />196 Texas miles means your right around the corner! Let's see.....Centerville area?

70 miles to the south of Centerville, half way between Willis and Conroe. Panorama Village to be exact.

Ron Mc

Perfect. My father in law lives in Conroe and I'll be in the area around the holidays. Maybe I can get you to teach me a few things?[:D] There are several members that live in the Houston area so we may all end out at your place![;)]

Texas Taco

<br />Perfect. My father in law lives in Conroe and I'll be in the area around the holidays. Maybe I can get you to teach me a few things?[:D] There are several members that live in the Houston area so we may all end out at your place![;)]

Tell me how it turns out, I have to work the holidays. [:(]

pendog

Hi i am new on hte form you guy are great turner hope i learn a lot from you all i wont to know where to buy enduro poly thanks you all for havin me on this form

BigRob777

Wow,
That makes me want to get back to dyeing wood. Very nicely done. BTW, right around the corner in Delaware (according to Texas measurement) is in another state.[:D]
Rob

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by Hemibee
<br />
<br />196 Texas miles means your right around the corner! Let's see.....Centerville area?

70 miles to the south of Centerville, half way between Willis and Conroe. Panorama Village to be exact.

I go by there 3 times a week. My folks live on Thompson road. I'm in Montgomery.

Texas Taco

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Wow,
That makes me want to get back to dyeing wood. Very nicely done. BTW, right around the corner in Delaware (according to Texas measurement) is in another state.[:D]
Rob

Right around the corner............[:D]

Texas Taco

Originally posted by Jim Boyd
<br />
<br />
I go by there 3 times a week. My folks live on Thompson road. I'm in Montgomery.

Hey neighbor. Before moving here I lived just down the road to the west from Thompson Road.
Do you know about the sawmill owned by Tom And Kathy Brandle?

Tom and Kathy Brandle or the sawmill they own doesn't ring a bell. I met a man that owns a sawmill near here but I'm at a loss for his name and where the sawmill was located.

Jim Boyd

<br />
Originally posted by Jim Boyd
<br />
<br />

Hey neighbor. Before moving here I lived just down the road to the west from Thompson Road.
Do you know about the sawmill owned by Tom And Kathy Brandle?

Tom and Kathy Brandle or the sawmill they own doesn't ring a bell. I met a man that owns a sawmill near here but I'm at a loss for his name and where the sawmill was located.

On Fm 1097.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom