Finally made my wife a pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I have been practicing with those pesky taps and dies working towards perfection. Well I am not there yet but, thought I was doing well enough to make a pen for my wife. I have this piece of Italian amedo(sp) material for some time. I had a alternative casein blank and figured it was time to get busy. It has a #5 bock nib, 12 mm triple start cap and the finials were done with an 8 mm set. Comments and critiques are welcome and thanks for looking.
null_zps19190133.jpg

null_zps8ab742e6.jpg

null_zps8c42584f.jpg

null_zpsaa9e00bf.jpg

null_zpsd00239dd.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

That is 1 cool pen. I really like the section. If I have 1 complaint, it's the barrel finial. The shape doesn't do much for me. But that's just a personal preference. I find that in many of my own pens, the final shape doesn't really excite me. That in no way takes away from your work. Looks like an A++ to me.

EDIT: You know, after looking at it some more, the barrel finial does compliment the ball clip. I take back my earlier statement.

Last edited:

firewhatfire

That was one unique design opportunity. I actually chipped the finial on the body and had to figure out what I was gonna do with it.

Don't tell my wife.

That is 1 cool pen. I really like the section. If I have 1 complaint, it's the barrel finial. The shape doesn't do much for me. But that's just a personal preference. I find that in many of my own pens, the final shape doesn't really excite me. That in no way takes away from your work. Looks like an A++ to me.

EDIT: You know, after looking at it some more, the barrel finial does compliment the ball clip. I take back my earlier statement.

JohnU

I really LIKE that pen! Your choice of material works perfect together, and it look as though the alternative casein was made for that purpose of center band and finials. The only thing I would do different is photo it on a white or light grey background. :) Beautiful Work!

The Penguin

beautiful pen!

the only thing I would have done differently is to try to have all the casein parts the same (or very close) overall length.

yaroslaw

First of all, I LOVE Amadeo blue acrylics (buying it at Exoticblanks.com regularly).
Second - you made it really-really nice design!
3rd - casein finials looks gorgeous!

All of all, I would steal this pen If I saw one and beat world record for running fast for long-long distance:)

Rink

Wow, really nice. It's work like yours that keeps my inspired and pushing forward. I'm only at pen #16 or so and hope to someday do work this nice.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Great Job, will the lower finial work as a stylus? Evan that ribbing is the nature of the casein your looking at not a mechanical produced finish.

Last edited:

Dakcrew

That is one very nice looking pen. Very impressive on the whole layout and design.

Just had one thought though... You made this for your wife?!?! WOW, my wife takes first dibs on every pen I make...you are lucky.:rolleyes:

firewhatfire

she called dibs when the blank showed up at the house. She has been waiting on it for about year or so.

That is one very nice looking pen. Very impressive on the whole layout and design.

Just had one thought though... You made this for your wife?!?! WOW, my wife takes first dibs on every pen I make...you are lucky.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom