Finally loaded some pics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Paul in OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Neat pens. Two of them look like the orginal material was a pool cue blank. Glad I'm not the only one who's fill turns darker than the surrounding wood (branch pen). How did you glue up the maple and cocobolo blank? Looks like a box joint.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />Put a few pics in the photo area. The pens are some older ones (haven't turned a new one in a looooonnngggg time), hope to get after some new ones soon.

Nice pens. What kind of wood was the 'tree branch'? You have great looking kids. They must get it from Mom. [:)] Is your wife Irish?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Old ones, huh? Well I'd say you set the bar pretty high when you get back to making more pens. I really like the "one-point". BTW, the kiddos are adorable. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Paul in OKC

Thanks for the comments. The point pens are from some scraps a cue making friend gives me. Don't know what the branch is off of (besides a tree[:D]), the dark fill is just some CA in a pulpy part. I go to a park near by and pick up a branch from under the leaves that has been there for a while.
The jointed pen was done on a mill with a 1/4" endmill.
The wife is not Irish, but both sides have red heads in them.
I think I got every body there[:p].

PenWorks

Don't mean to but in on Paul's thread here [:p] But my long, long, long awaited pen press just arrived in the mail today. [:D] The one Paul makes. You talk about one bad as* looking pen press, this is it! [;)] To top it off, it is blue powder coat and gorgeous [:)] I have allready named it the blue streak [:p]

Many thanks Paul, I'm sure my pens will look much better NOW [8D]

Anthony

Gary

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Don't mean to but in on Paul's thread here [:p] But my long, long, long awaited pen press just arrived in the mail today. [:D] The one Paul makes. You talk about one bad as* looking pen press, this is it! [;)] To top it off, it is blue powder coat and gorgeous [:)] I have allready named it the blue streak [:p]

Many thanks Paul, I'm sure my pens will look much better NOW [8D]

Anthony

I just got my drill vice from him....how sweet it is![:p]

Paul in OKC

Thanks Anthony, I'm glad it got there. Was just checking and about to give you a call. Hope your trip goes well. (I have to admit that it's just blue paint. Hope to get into powder coating in the near future as well.)
Baby is sleeping well. Just trying to keep colds from running from one kid to the other. We've actually given up on that and are just trying to keep things level, if that's possible[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom