Finally had a chance to turn...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from betwisted

betwisted

I was swamped all weekend trying to get my garage shop, pressure pot, and goodwill toaster oven up and running. I finally had a chance to turn some of the blanks I've had prepped for days. The following pieces are the results. :)

First one is a Rockler Manhattan in Black Ti and Plat. The barrel acrylic is my first home cast using Silmar 41, Pearlex Super Copper and True Blue. I love the way that cast came out and will definitely be making some more.

Second is a Rocker rifle kit in chrome with a Natural Buckeye Burl blank. It was my first time turning the natural buckeye and I played it safe and CA stabilized as I worked with it (and tried not to be too aggressive) :biggrin:.

Last is a PSI Comfort grip with the last lavender and pearl blank from a home cast I did a couple weeks ago using Castin Craft Clear I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

The buckeye burl got a CA finish, all pens were sanded to 600 then finished with tripoli and white diamond.

Anyway, thanks for looking. C & C much appreciated
Joe

Attachments

• HTP00014-16 - Copy.JPG
    HTP00014-16 - Copy.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Joe; They all look great !! One suggestion. Use a single colored backround. White or a lighter color. The camera dosen't know which color to use as it's base color, and your photo comes out a little dark, with your pens blending into the background. Jim S

betwisted

Ah...thanks for the tip, I'll give that a shot next time. I was thinking of using something reflective (if not a mirror then something polished up like that) so I could show both sides of the pens. Seems like I'd have to work on light control so I don't get random flashes and blow outs.
Well, anyway, thanks again :)
Joe

Top Bottom