Finally! Got a new camera.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MorganGrafixx

MorganGrafixx

Went out and bought a new camera so that I could finally post up pics of what I have turned so far. I realized that no matter how much I spend on a camera, I'm still no photographer. Bear with me on the image quality...I'm working on it.

DSCF0044.jpg Some of my very first turned pens. I love to create the complex contours. These are the ones that came with the starter kit. 24K Slimline Pens and 2 Pencils. The far left is Marblewood and the 3 to the right are Rosewood. Finished with 600 grit paper and Shellawax.

DSCF0042.jpg My first acrylic. Slimline Brushed Satin. Finished with 600 grit paper wet sanded. No polish though...wanted to match the satin look of the metal.

DSCF0056.jpg Black Gloss Cigar with purple marble acrylic. My wife's favorite. Finished with 600 grit paper wet sanded and micro-mesh 12,000 grit then 20/20 plastic polish twice.

DSCF0058.jpg Black Titanium and black Cigar made from Buckeye Maple Burl (my first pen turned after I turned all the Slimlines that came in the starter kit). Finished with 600 grit paper dry and Shellawax.

DSCF0064.jpg Black Titanium Cigar made with deep red marbled acrylic. Finished with 600 grit paper wet sanded and micro-mesh 12,000 grit then 20/20 plastic polish twice. The image looks WAY more orange than it actually is. This pen looks like a spot-on match to the GA Bulldogs colors. (I'm not a Bulldogs fan by any stretch of the imagination...just turned out the same colors.)

I've got a few more I'll try to post pics of too.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MorganGrafixx

DSCF0079.JPG Satin Pearl Euro with white/blue acrylic.

DSCF0082.jpg My favorite so far. Black Tungsten Euro with Lava acrylic blank. I use this one as my personal/daily pen. I have had several offers from folks to buy it, but unless they offer me a lot of $, I just don't think I can part with it.

DSCF0084.jpg The other side of the Black Tungsten/Lava Euro.

DSCF0088.jpg The one on the left is a crazy brown/orange/yellowish acrylic Slimline made with the Copper Metal kit. The others are from previous pics.

DSCF0093.jpg The gang's all here. With the exception of 10 Rosewood Slimlines and a Black Graphite Acrylic Slimline that I have sold, these are my collected works thus far.

Well...let me have it. What do you guys think. I know it's not the greatest work, but I have only been turning pens (or anything for that matter) for less than a month.

Daniel

I can't say much about photo quality from this computer. It shows even good photos really bad. I look at them here then go home and see them from my computer and almost don't even recognize them.

I am pretty sure that the Buckeye Burl Cigar has some problems that I could point out for you with a hands on inspection. maybe you should send it to me so that I can give you some really quality craft increasing suggestions.

MorganGrafixx

I can't say much about photo quality from this computer. It shows even good photos really bad. I look at them here then go home and see them from my computer and almost don't even recognize them.

I am pretty sure that the Buckeye Burl Cigar has some problems that I could point out for you with a hands on inspection. maybe you should send it to me so that I can give you some really quality craft increasing suggestions.

Yeah I suppose I can do that:rolleyes:. Just send me a check to cover the shipping costs...shouldn't be too much to ship a pen. I think $200 should take care of it, right:biggrin:? Ha ha ha.

txcwboy

Make the pic as much of the Pen as you can. Its about the pen not the background .
Congrats on new camera !
Keep on keepin on !

Dave

Top Bottom