Finally got the nerve to post :(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jughead

Status
Not open for further replies.

jughead

I have been a member of I.A.P. for several months now. I have been lurking around, looking at photos, reading tips, and in general soaking up everything I can. I would like to thank all that post here, and make this a great site. This is my latest pen, I have only been turning for a few months and have made about 15 pens so far, (I have destroyed dozens of blanks though). Thanks for the tips, tricks, and how to articles. Now if someone could teach me how to take a good picture

2006101913440_1stpost.jpg

Red Malle Burl, CA Finish ( I learned how to do that here), Blew up on lathe (I learned how to repair that here :) The picture is really bad, the finish is great in person.

:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome to posting photos and a nice pen to start with. If you can, photograph outside or near a doorwall, that is the best lighting...but not in direct sunlight. Use your camera or scanner photo editing software to edit the color and lighness of the photo.

its_virgil

Welcome jughead...now that wasn't so bad, was it? Red mallee is a favorite of mine as the sierra. And, the CA finish is the only finish I use...on everything. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by jughead
<br />I have been a member of I.A.P. for several months now. I have been lurking around, looking at photos, reading tips, and in general soaking up everything I can. I would like to thank all that post here, and make this a great site. This is my latest pen, I have only been turning for a few months and have made about 15 pens so far, (I have destroyed dozens of blanks though). Thanks for the tips, tricks, and how to articles. Now if someone could teach me how to take a good picture

Red Malle Burl, CA Finish ( I learned how to do that here), Blew up on lathe (I learned how to repair that here :) The picture is really bad, the finish is great in person.

[:D]

gerryr

Beautiful wood and it looks like you did a good job with it. Go to the photography forum and search for light tents. You can make one for about $10. If you don't have a tripod, get one. Also make sure your camera is set on macro(flower symbol). If you want more help ask on that forum and you'll get enough advice to fill a book.[:D] Keep up the good work.

PenWorks

Nice looking pen Jughead and welcome to IAP [:)]
The pen barrell looks a little proud on the fit, nice repair, can't see the blow up.
Have Veronica take the next picture [:D]

chigdon

Great job on the finish. If it hasn't already, the CA finish gets easy after a while. That is one of the nicest pieces of Red Mallee Burl I have ever seen.

martyb

It's a very fine looking pen!

Never be ashamed of any work you do. We've all started out at the beginning with a few less than perfect pens. And we've all kept at it and refined our skills. I've only got 40 pens under my belt, and I still work slowly and tediously to get that transition turned down right. But its still relaxing for me to be in my woodshop no matter what I'm doing.

micah

Originally posted by jughead
<br /> Now if someone could teach me how to take a good picture

The picture is really bad, the finish is great in person.

[:D]

The pen looks really good! I definantly like your choice of wood...one of my favorites.[:p]
As for the pic, you can definantly pick up some good tips in the "Pen Photography forum". Lots of good things there.
Also a good program for sharpening, croping, ect. helps. I played with yours just a little.
Here you go, and keep up the great work!
Micah

20061019134401stpostuv3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom