Finally got a camara to work a little.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from atvrules1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvrules1

Well, I'm not quite sure of the quality, but I'll blame it on the camara and not my turning ability. This one is BxEB from BB (exquisite blanks Bill, just hope my ability does them justice.)

2005423143539_homecoming%20002.jpg

Then this one is antler, in a classic twist pencil from Penn State.

2005423143753_homecoming%20007.jpg

And then last of all, after seeing where somebody had done some pine, I decided to try a little of it. So this one is a blue birdseye pine with an Avonite CB. I tried a little different shape with a slimline, but not sure if I like it. Throwing it up for comments. Let me know what you think.

200542314421_homecoming%20018.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougle40

Very nice Alan. I've done a few from Blue or Denim Pine and found that I had to use a lot of CA to harden it up enough for use . The Denim Pine people recomend using a water based poly finish to maintain the blue color rather than having it turn to a gray but they also told me that because I had to use CA to harden it that it would still turn out gray . I don't know what would happen if it were stabilized in a water based poly .
Here's a link to the Denim Pine site-
http://www.denimpine.ca/default.asp

PenWorks

All very good looking pens Alan. Nice job, photos are real good to. Just try and get more pen, less background in the pic.

I could look it up, but way to lazy, never heard of Fredonia, AZ, where is that [?]
I'm in Cave Creek, AZ.

Welcome..

atvrules1

Thanks for the comments all. I've got a few more ideas to try, and a few more blanks from BB. So I'll go back to turning. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that posts on this site, even though i've turned pens for two years I've learned tons just from reading all your posts.
And Anthony, Fredonia is as far north in Arizona as you can get without living in Utah.

Daniel

Alan, the rofile really works for me in the classic twist pens with one exception. there is that little bit of dispruption where the lower barrel meets the Nib. this is not a problem with the barrel shape but more the nib. can't do much about that and still turn the shape you have. the slim line is not doing the same thing for me but I see why. the curve of the lower barral where it meets the center band is not as tight as the classics are.and is flattened out to much. it is such tiny things that make all the difference. you touch one of my soft spots withthese though and all three are very nice looking pens. I keep going back to the top one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom