Finally got around to trying casting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wood Butcher

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I'm just getting the PR stuff from Michaels and Hobby Lobby called Castin Craft. I'm using home made moulds and the sparkley powder stuff for coloring. I've got some new ones but haven't used it yet, way too hot in the shop for an old man. There's also a golf pen for a friend who got a hole in one and a couple of others. Comments will be read.
WB

Attachments

• Sky Blue Pink.JPG
    Sky Blue Pink.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Irredescent Fire.jpg
    Irredescent Fire.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Kinda Camo.jpg
    Kinda Camo.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 195
  • At the Water's Edge.jpg
    At the Water's Edge.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 181
  • A Hole in One.JPG
    A Hole in One.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Counter productive wood.jpg
    Counter productive wood.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Afzelia Burl Mesa.jpg
    Afzelia Burl Mesa.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Smoke and Fire.jpg
    Smoke and Fire.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 194
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Im not a fan of the polaris kit, but, of all the pens you have here, that is my favorite! As a bit of constructive criticism, most of your backgrounds are very distracting to the eye. Try to keep it simple and keep the focal point on the pens.
Now, I'm also curious about the golf ball pen, is that a real golf ball or white resin that you made all of those dimples on and then used a water slide decal? Either way, very well done and thanks for sharing

Drstrangefart

The resins are all looking very nice, I like the wood pens, and the golf ball pen is GENIUS. I'm killing my brain trying to figure out how you nailed the golf ball texture like that. Well done, sir!

Im not a fan of the polaris kit, but, of all the pens you have here, that is my favorite! As a bit of constructive criticism, most of your backgrounds are very distracting to the eye. Try to keep it simple and keep the focal point on the pens.
Now, I'm also curious about the golf ball pen, is that a real golf ball or white resin that you made all of those dimples on and then used a water slide decal? Either way, very well done and thanks for sharing

When I first joined here, I was going through all the old posts in SOYP and saw this too. Apparently he made the top barrel out of polyclay and from my understanding, made a dimple tool and mashed the dimples in by hand. I would love to make some of these but from a time standpoint, it seems cost prohibitive.

One day I'm going to try to make one, then make a silicone mold from it, and finally try to cast it.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/heres-new-idea-im-playing-65440/

Top Bottom