Finally finished up my Christmas turnings! PIC HEAVY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

At last! I'm done with all my Christmas gift turnings.

First are a couple of stylus(s). Both blanks were cast by me:

100_4348678x700.jpg
100_4351649x700.jpg

100_4371665x700.jpg
100_4376673x700.jpg

Now we have an entire shaving set that I made for my Dad. There is a Razor, Brush, Stand, & Soap Dish. I cast all the blanks to match. I think it all came together nicely. That soap dish was a pain! It flew off the chuck when I had it reverse to finish the bottom. Thankfully it didn't break! What sucked was even though I had the jaws padded it left a couple scratches on the inside. Since I turned off the spigot I couldn't flip it back over to resand.

Razor:
100_4379658x700.jpg
100_4384589x700.jpg

AAA Badger Hair Brush:
100_4389403x700.jpg

Stand:
100_4398542x700.jpg

Soap Dish:
100_4400674x700.jpg
100_4411700x661.jpg

Everything together:
100_4417700x525.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I agree, great work Jonathon. Forget Santa's list, I want to know how to get on your christmas list!

wizard

Jonathan, That is a beautiful set of gifts whose upcoming recipients will treasure! Hmmm...So how does one get on your Christmas list?:biggrin::wink:. Doc:)

wiset1

Truly amazing work as always! I tried to imagine this in my mind when you told me about it, but pictures are WAY better! Just blowing me away with this stuff man.

Brooks803

Thanks Everyone! My Dad is a really hard person to find a gift for. He's not picky, but he nevers says what he may like either! Lol....My wife says I'm the same way :rolleyes:

Outstanding work as always :biggrin: ! It looks similar to your Ion Storm blank I picked up. Love the colors.

Thanks, It's actually the same blank. I made myself some extras and then cast the larger blanks for the brush and dish.

Jonathan, That is a beautiful set of gifts whose upcoming recipients will treasure! Hmmm...So how does one get on your Christmas list?:biggrin::wink:. Doc:)

Thanks Doc! I think the quickest and easiest way would be to get on Mrs. Clause's good side :wink: That or pay off an elf or two :tongue:

Truly amazing work as always! I tried to imagine this in my mind when you told me about it, but pictures are WAY better! Just blowing me away with this stuff man.

Thanks Tim! Yeah I was never any good at describing things as I can see them. Must be some kinda mental block. I actually had higher asperations for this but didn't have the time to pull it all off. I wanted to make everyone 1 piece. The dish would have been a box with a flat lid and that lid would actually be the base of the stand (the chrome piece would be gone). It would consolidate the amount of space it'd take up. I'll end up doing another that way so everyone can see it, I just didn't have time before Christmas to do it this time. Oh, and Congrats! What a perfect gift for you and your family!

drgoretex

Those styluses (styli?) are beautiful - but that shaving set is incredibly impressive!! Gorgeous casting, and excellent job on turning it!!

Ken

MarkD

Great work Johnathon. The shaving set is spectacular, as to be expected! :biggrin:
Hope you and your family have a great holiday!

steeler fan1

Johnathan,

Think you're busy now, wait 'til next year after the baby arrives:wink:. Great blanks and turning as always.

Carl

Brooks803

Thanks again everyone! I hope you all had a great Christmas! Dad loved it! My Mom loved her lil jewelry box too (here's a pic for those who might not have seen it):

Awesome stuff, I love the colors of your castings. Noticed that you are in Wagner, I live in Augusta. Small world!!

Cool! I've got some family in Augusta. Not too far from me. If you'd ever want to get together let me know!

Two words... Resin Rattle :biggrin:

Don't think you're the first one to put that one by me Hans, lol.

Top Bottom