Finally a decent pen. # 22 BOW & Bloodwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

I finally got a chance to turn something that looks decent. I am making this for my brother-in-law, as a gift for the person who ordained him and my sister. It is a CA and lacquer finish. The bloodwood has some gorgeous chattoyance, though it is barely picked up in the pics. This is one of my QC rejected blanks. It had a couple of cracks in one end, but that didn't get very close to the part I used. I still need to get a 60 degree tail center thing. I'm turning slight ovals still.

200621041250_BOW%2022.jpg

200621041138_DSCN2078.jpg

Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Thanks Guys,
I think the next slimline will have small grooves at the CB joints. This one is blued to the upper tube. I don't know from whom I learned this, but it was learned here. I have problems with oval turnings and when this pen is closed, it isn't a smooth transition between the nib end barrel and CB. I think a slight groove will help with this. I also need a 60 degree tail stock center thing. I may have to ream the head stock (live center thing). I also got a couple of small chip-outs on each side of the CB, so I think I'll use straight-cut CBs in the future. At least when I use bloodwood for a CB. I turned this very carefully too.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom