Finally cactus success!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Well my 2nd try at turning a cactus blank worked. I added a small amount of red colored pearl-ex to my CA when gluing in the tube. I got the idea from my friend Larry, but used CA since my epoxy was bad. I still have another half to turn. I am still working on taking decent pictures with my photo cube, so I know this isn't perfect. I did a 6 coat CA finish on this one. Too bad the gatsby transmission was split on the threads. Let me know what you all think. I really like this sparkle red color I got from EB.

redcact.jpg redcact2.jpg

Last edited:

plantman

:cowboy::cowboy: Well Todd, as the englishmen would say, "Looks like a bloody cactus to me". Good contrast in color. Red realy makes it pop. People are always amazed when you tell them the pen is made from a cactus. Now you just need a rattle snake to go with it. Then you can tell your buyers how the snake surprized you, you grabbed the cactus to kill the snake, and brought both of them home and made pens out of them. Or something along that line. One good turn deserves another. Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom