Finally -- Cactus Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chigdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chigdon

I finally got around to trying the cactus pens. These are some of Curtis' blanks and I am getting amazing response from them.

The first is a solid black Alumilite on a Jr Gents BP. The second is a Statesman with clear Alumilite painted black inside.

20061014182445_Cactus%20Black.jpg

20061014182518_Cactus%20Clear%201.jpg

20061014182531_Cactus%20Clear%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

twoofakind

Hey Chris,
Since you prefer the second one just put the first one in my box and I will take it off your hands when I pick up the rest of my stuff.[;)]
Andy

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Once again, Chris, beautiful pens! I really like that Jr. Gent BP kit. You don't see it too often but it looks realy classy, especially with the cactus!

angboy

Originally posted by chigdon
<br />I really prefer the clear but it does add a little more work to the process. The three dimensional quality is pretty amazing.

What work does it add to the process? Before I make mine into blanks, I'd sure like to know, so I make an informed decision about whether to put the cactus in clear or colored. Thanks!

chigdon

Originally posted by angboy
<br />
Originally posted by chigdon
<br />I really prefer the clear but it does add a little more work to the process. The three dimensional quality is pretty amazing.

What work does it add to the process? Before I make mine into blanks, I'd sure like to know, so I make an informed decision about whether to put the cactus in clear or colored. Thanks!

When you drill the blank you have to paint the tube and the inside of the blank. Curtis paints the blank and then uses black tinted epoxy but I painted both and just used CA. It just means you drill and paint the night before and glue the next day.

johncrane

G'dAY Chris your pens are fantastic mate' if l had to pick one l would pick the Statsman it show's off the cactus beautiful. Almost like its 3D Your photos and finish is also excellent well done mate' and we must thank CURTIS the pioneer of this unique material and also IAP for making it all posible[:D]

Originally posted by Jim in Oakville
<br />Totally classy and wonderfully beautiful...these are amazing!!

I'd love to try this some day, but we don't have cactus in Southern Ontario[:(]

Again, great looking pens!!

You have it...but it's rare http://ontariotrees.com/main/p/pricklypearcactus/index.html

Chris,

Both are beautiful! Are you doing anything special to seal/finish them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom