Final cigar for the night

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pastorbill1952

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an unknown wood that I picked up from a welcome center in Kentucky. Hope someone can identify it and solve the mystery. As always, share your comments.
BTW, isn't it great to have a cigar w/o worrying about the Surgeon General's warnings. LOL.

200532532225_Unknown%20wood%20resize.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

I have to agree with Gary, Bill. I think you need to find a way to get a camera, your scanner is like mine and just doesn't do a very good job. [:)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
It could well be a piece of coffee wood. I've only ever turned one piece of that and don't have a picture, but coffee wood is native to Kentucky, so it wouldn't surprise me. A suggestion, if you don't mind, would be to add a gentle curve to the two barrels. The cigar almost begs for something other than parallel lines (which I've used far too often). Try it. You might like it!

Then we will agree that it is a piece of wood LOL. Sorry for the photo quality, will work on that in my spare time. I like the idea of the gentle curve it just wasn't in the directions looked after I had finished the pen LOL. BTW anyone out there from the TRI-cities TN/VA area.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like maple. I agree with Lou on the shape. I've found that especially on the lower barrel of cigars that straight lines can make it look almost concave (and it's easy to take a hair more off than you intend, actually making it concave!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom