Filligreed Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Really just messing about here. I have never been a big fan of the Sierra or the Filligree type pens, but I noticed that the filligree was a spot on match for the kit. I did have to trim the tube a little though.:biggrin:

My trusty Kodak DX6490 has eventually died:frown: I'm really gutted cos I loved that camera. It was only 4meg but a nice optical zoom. This pic was taken with a 7meg General Electric that I got in the States a few years ago. I only use it for work and don't like it.
If anyone knows of a good similar camera to my old Kodak, please let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• FilSierra3.jpg
    FilSierra3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 419
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Steve, that is an awesome pen! And I have that Kodak, I love it too! The Z915 is the 10 mp big brother to our beloved camera.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hans, do you know if that camera is as user friendly? Similar price range?
I tried to find another DX6490 but they all seem to be these tiny little dinky things. Far too small for my big paws:rolleyes:
The only gripe I had with the Kodak was the little wheel. I found it clumsy to use. But it was a very forgiving camera and even gave good pics in basic mode. No fancy lights or tent needed either......
I feel like I lost a good friend:redface: It even made my pens look better than they often were:biggrin:

ldb2000

Great looking kit pen Skippy :tongue:

All kidding aside it really does look good like that , it gives it a vintage look . I have a couple of filigree kits I have been saving for the filigree part to make something cool , I guess it's about time I dusted them off and started playing around a little .

As for the camera , try looking at the Nikon Coolpix line . They have a couple of nice easy to use but very good cameras in the $150 to $200 range .

Ligget

Steve that is a cracker, is it 24k filligree?

I know how you feel about the camera, I dropped my favourite on onto the workshop floor and that was the end of a beautiful relationship. Got a new 10meg Fuji Fine Pix but still preferred my old 3mega pixel anyday!

Last edited:

toolcrazy

That is a nice looking pen. Nice work.

After getting used to my DSLR, I can't use a point and shoot camera, anymore. So, I can't help on that front.

hewunch

Hans, do you know if that camera is as user friendly? Similar price range?
I tried to find another DX6490 but they all seem to be these tiny little dinky things. Far too small for my big paws:rolleyes:
The only gripe I had with the Kodak was the little wheel. I found it clumsy to use. But it was a very forgiving camera and even gave good pics in basic mode. No fancy lights or tent needed either......
I feel like I lost a good friend:redface: It even made my pens look better than they often were:biggrin:

Steve a friend of mine has either this one or one like it. I can see if they will let me look at it and get back to you. It may take a week or two as I only see them that often. When I look at the "specs" it seems very similar. I found the z915 for $180 online.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Steve that is a cracker, is it 24k filligree?

I know how you feel about the camera, I dropped my favourite on onto the workshop floor and that was the end of a beautiful relationship. Got a new 10meg Fuji Fine Pix but still preferred my old 3mega pixel anyday!

Hi Mark, yep just a 24k filigree from Craft Supplies UK. I've had it for years. I bought it when I was still a newbie and figured I was going to give up work and make my fortune by selling pens. LOL :biggrin:

Thanks for comments:wink:

BigShed

Like that Filligree Sierra, looks good.

As to cameras, once you get to know a DSLR you wouldn't want to go back to a point and shoot.

The price of DSLR has come down to such an extent that cost isn't an issue anymore.

I use a Canon 450D and love the control that gives.

ngeb528

You know, Skip, if you really don't like it, I'd hate for you to brood over it. You'd better send it to me. :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Like that Filligree Sierra, looks good.

As to cameras, once you get to know a DSLR you wouldn't want to go back to a point and shoot.

The price of DSLR has come down to such an extent that cost isn't an issue anymore.

I use a Canon 450D and love the control that gives.

Fred, I did look at the DSLR's and you are correct about the price coming down ( a bit ) and I nearly pushed the boat out and got one but it would still be wasted on me at the moment. I was also scared off by the price of lenses and I have no idea if the stock lens will do good close up plus holiday type pics. Maybe when I understand them and save some pennies:biggrin:

Marc Phillips

EEK!

I have never seen the filigree used that way before... very creative, looks great!

..... the hidden face was kinda creepy though... :)

Attachments

• FilSierra3.jpg
    FilSierra3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 105
Top Bottom