Filled maple burl?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KCW

KCW

I finished a pen last night, and thought it turned out pretty nice, so I decided to post it here (I don't post very often). Let me know what you think.

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

Oh, and this blank was labeled maple burl, but I have my doubts. Any ideas on what it could be?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

It could be a Maple Burl very easily. There are many species of maple. The pen looks very nice. You should post more often. :)

KCW

Thanks John. With all of the amazing pens being shown on here now, my pens are mostly just "normal", which is why I don't really post them anymore.

KCW

Thanks Lewis. I'm glad you and John are in agreement on the maple burl, because that is what I have it listed as. I started on this pen months ago, and finally finished it. After I stabilized it, I started turning it, and found this large hole, but it was filled with cactus juice, so I had to pick it out little by little. Needless to say, I could only handle a little bit of that at a time.

Dan - that's one handsome pen! VERY nice job. Fit looks spot on and the finish is beautiful. No doubt here you should post often.

Excellent photography, too.

Top Bottom