Filigree slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Marc Phillips

I can see these filigree sleeves coming in useful on occasion... like if I totally hose the upper barrel :)

The filigree really hides everything... can't see the wood at all really.

I will just keep them in a drawer until I need one... other than that, not real happy with them.

I also need to look at the pen before I shoot the pic... so I don't still have white diamond in the tiny finger grip grooves

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• filagree.jpg
    filagree.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 208

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Looks good...although I'm with you that it hides too much wood. If it's a very plain jane wood, it could spruce up the pen.

jttheclockman

I can see your thinking and you were looking for a little more bling. I feel whenever turning a wood blank you never want to cover it up. You want to show off the grain and hopefully it has some interesting grain pattern. Woods that are not burls or something birdseye are really plain jane as you put it. Being a pen is so small and round it is very hard to highlight a plain wood with some spattering grain. That is why when you see burled woods you get that wow factor because the figure is so tightly knitted. Just some things to think about.

What something like that would be good for is acrylics especially if you want to do a mix and match thing. Say the bottom blank has a two toned acrylic, and now use a top blank that is solid in color that would compliment the bottom colors and not the metal topping will just highlight it more and not take away from the rest of the pen. At least that is how I would see it but then again I have been told I am blind at times.:eek:

Top Bottom